mercoledì 25 febbraio 2009

Survival Kit for the week in Italy

Giving personal information
Hi/ Hello: Ciao
Goodbye: Arrivederci
What’s your name?: Come ti chiami?
My name is…: Mi chiamo…
What’s your surname?: Qual è il tuo cognome?
My surname is…: Il mio cognome è..
Nice to meet you: Piacere di conoscerti
Thank you: Grazie
How old are you?: Quanti anni hai?
I’m…. years old : Io ho…anni
Where are you from?: Di dove sei?
I’m from…: Sono di …
Where do you live?: Dove vivi?
I live in…: Io vivo a …
How are you?: Come stai?
I’m fine, thank you: Sto bene,grazie
I’m not very well: Non sto molto bene
What’s your address?: Qual è il tuo indirizzo?
My address is..: Il mio indirizzo è …
What’s your telephone number?: Qual è il tuo numero di telefono?
My telephone number is..: Il mio numero di telefono è…
What’s your email address?: Qual è il tuo indirizzo email?
My email address is..: Il mio indirizzo email è…
What school do you attend?: Quale scuola frequenti?
I attend…: Io frequento….


Clarification
Can you repeat ,please?: Puoi ripetere per favore?
Can you speak more slowly, please?: Puoi parlare più piano per favore?
Can you speak loudly, please?: Puoi parlare a voce alta,per favore?


Shopping
Excuse me: Mi scusi
Can I help you?: Posso aiutarla?
I’d like …/can I have..?: Mi piacerebbe../ posso avere…?
What size are you?. Che taglia porta?
I’m size…: Porto la..
Here you are: Ecco
Can I try it/them on?: Posso provarlo/provarli?
Have you got a smaller/ larger/more expensive/ cheaper jacket?: Avete una giacca più piccola/più larga/più costosa/più economica?
Certainly :Certamente
I’m sorry but we haven’t got it at the moment: mi dispiace ma non l’abbiamo al momento
Can I pay for this?: Posso pagare questo?
How much is it/are they?: Quanto costa/costano?
It is/They are…:costa/costano…
Thank you:Grazie
Bye bye: Arrivederci


Interests
What do you usually do in your free time?: Cosa fai di solito nel tuo tempo libero?
What’s your favourite hobby?: Qual è il tuo hobby preferito?
My favourite hobby is…: il mio hobby preferito è…
How long have you been practising it? : Da quanto tempo lo pratichi?
For two years: da due anni
I like /...going to the swimming pool: Mi piace/ ... andare in piscina
...visiting museums: ...visitare musei
... going shopping: ...fare shopping
...playing cards: ...giocare a carte
... listening to music/.... ascoltare musica
Cycling : Ciclismo
Basketball : Basket
Football : Calcio
Volleyball : palla a volo
Skiing : sci
Roller –skating: Pattinaggio

Asking for and giving information and directions
Can I have a look at the train timetable, please? : posso consultare la tabella degli orari dei treni, per favore?
I’d like a plane ticket? : vorrei un biglietto aereo?
Can I have a train ticket?: posso avere un biglietto per il treno?
Can You tell me the way to the station? : mi può dire la strada per la stazione?
Can You tell me when to get off? : mi può dire quando devo scendere?
Car park : parcheggio
Could You show me the way on the map? : mi può mostrare la strada sulla cartina?
Cross the road : attraversa la strada
Do You have a map of the underground? : avete una cartina delle linee della metro?
Excuse me, how do I get to the centre? : mi scusi come arrivo in centro?
Go along the/straight on the station road : vada dritto lungo la via della stazione
Go back : torni dietro
How long does it take to get there on foot? :quanto tempo ci vuole a piedi?
I’m looking for this road : cerco questa via
Is the bank far from here?: la banca è lontana da qui?
Is this seat free? – No, it’s taken : è libero questo posto? – No, è occupato
Junction : bivio
Luggage :bagaglio
Passengers are forbidden to lean out of the window : vietato sporgersi dal finestrino
Passport check : controllo documenti
Policeman : vigile
Seat belt : cintura di sicurezza
Take off : decollare
Take the (second) road on the right/ left : imbocca la (seconda) strada a destra/sinistra
The Church is opposite/ in front of/ behind/ next to/ near the park : la chiesa è di fronte, davanti, dietro, accanto, vicino, il parco
The post office is between the cinema and the school :l’ufficio postale è tra il cinema e la scuola
Turn at the next traffic lights : giri al prossimo semaforo
Turn left : giri a sinistra
Turn right: giri a destra
Walk to the end : cammina fino alla fine
What’s the next stop? : qual è la prossima fermata?
What’s the quickest way to the castle? : qual è la strada più veloce per il castello?
What time does the train leave? : a che ora parte il treno?
When is the next/ last train for…? : quando c’è il prossimo/ ultimo treno per…?
Where can I take a taxi? : dove trovo un taxi?

Food and drinks
Would you like some biscuits?: Vorresti dei biscotti?
Yes,please.Can I have some orange juice,too: Si,grazie. Posso avere anche del succo d’arancia, per favore?
I’d like a cup of tea: Vorrei una tazza di tè
What about some coffee? Che ne diresti di un pò di caffè?
DO you want some cheese?: Vuoi del formaggio?
No, thanks, I don’t like cheese: No,grazie,non mi piace il formaggio
Milk : Latte
Bread: Pane
Coffee: Caffè
Ice-cream: Gelato
Cake: Torta
Mineral water: Acqua Minerale
Pizza: Pizza
Chocolate: Cioccolata
Coke: Coca Cola
Meat: Carne
Fish: Pesce
Chips: Patatine
Potatoes: Patate
Tomatoes: Pomodori
Salad: Insalata
Beer: Birra

Invitation
Where shall we go on Saturday night?= Dove andiamo sabato sera?
Let's go to the disco= Andiamo in discoteca
Would you like to go to the cinema?: Ti piacerebbe andare al cinema
No thanks, it’s not possible/ yes, of course: No grazie, non è possibile/Si, certamente
Would you like to dance?: Ti piacerebbe ballare?
What can we do tonight?: Cosa possiamo fare stasera?
We could go to the pub: Potremmo andare al pub
We could go to the basketball match: potremmo andare all’incontro di basket
We could organize a pyjama party: Potremmo andare al pigiama party
Do you want a drink?: ti va un drink?
Why don't we have a pizza?: Perchè non ci facciamo una pizza?
Let’s go to the Japanese restaurant!: Andiamo al ristorante giapponese!
Let’s go to the Luna Park!: Andiamo al Luna Park!
Would you like to sing to the Karaoke Bar?: Ti piacerebbe cantare al karaoke?
Can you go out tonight: Puoi uscire stasera?
Can we order Chinese food?: Possiamo ordinare cibo cinese?

Nessun commento: